Friday, December 27, 2019

Song of the Day 12/28/19

So this is a leftover from my year end list that I couldn't really put onto the list proper due to the whole 5 songs working with the week strategy the best and the song coming out in 2018 but I don't know when exactly but regardless the tone of this was it suppose to be on the list proper but it wasn't so I guess you could say it's a spot number 6 also I got distracted with the holiday's which is why this is such a late post and I'm also not likely to be doing any posting on here until sometime around mid January or late February or whenever things calm down and I can get a back catalog of tunes to say something about.

So with that Happy New year and here's to new beginnings and not making resolutions because fuck that always look to improve your dumb ass so see ya...

Hershey Kess – Group X-Arabian Rap Sensation

 


I never talk about this because it's beyond subjective but I really have this weird fascination with this comedy rap group that hadn't put out an album in 18 years that I'd discovered in my shitty teenage pirating day's of flash videos and questionable downloading sites and if there was a group that has stuck through with me more than any group ever should it'd be these bunch of knuckleheads.


These guy's are the most bare bone rap act you'd ever listened to they use unapologetic-ally minimal bass and drum instrumentals that recycle the same melody every single song, their flows are kind of sloppily done but stick very tried and true to the joke they are making, and while their return of peppermint joe album actually has some legitimately impressively improved flows from one Hashmeer Shashmeer this isn't music you take seriously in the slightest and in all honesty their joke was worn thin back in 2000 but even with that in mind I just after all these years find this stuff to be just absolutely fantastically stupid the one minute segments in this album “Poisoned my poodle,” and “It iz poodle,” are some impressively catchy bits of sound but the track that took me by the most surprise this whole year was probably the topic of this article, “Hershey Kess.”

This is Shashmeer's best flow ever this song is an awkwardly confidently delivered bit of stupid that is held up by an infectiously simple and catchy bass line and some drum work that feels like this band forgot to be a joke for all of 2 minutes and actually deliver something that in all honesty is about as juvenile as some more legitimate acts have made but rather than the joke being just how bad those acts are you're instead chuckling at how well these guy's are delivering a tune about what I'd presume is analangus.

This song and group aren't for anyone beyond those with some warped sense of humor that see this as less a racist stereotype and more a kind of wonderfully absurdest take on hip hop from a group of individuals taking the joke and running as far with it as they physically can.

If you have the time and ability to listen to something dumb for more than an hour I'd actually advise you go stream this record sometime it's the best thing they ever put out in terms of finally having some musical talent.

Also while this album came out in 2018 these guy's really didn't do much promotion until this year and since I'm running this site fuck ya'll i'm a talk about one of my favorite terrible bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment