Tuesday, December 24, 2019

OPE!

For the record I don't think the phrase OPE! hasn't really been an actual thing until the last few years people just act as if they've done it forever like Elf on a shelf or gender reveal parties there's some weird group think mentality that is forcing a fake sense of nostalgia on something that never really was a thing and it's especially a thing here in the Midwest considering we don't have much to get hype about when the thing most often coming from here are basic white folk and racist pieces of shit which I know someone out there is asking what's the difference to which i respond....uh....

SO one year ago today I announced the end of Song of the Day and in one years time things honestly didn't change in terms of the worlds impact at the leaving of my blog life went on and a lot of local acts I covered broke up, went into hiding, or just kind of been stalled out with a couple deciding to really hit the grind and as for the national music scene....it's a thing but this isn't really about all of that instead we have a case of what am I gonna do with this project.

I am starting to think that the hosting site for this has deleted some of the post I've made on here without warning due to something likely covered in the fine print that I didn't notice which is kind of shitty but when you don't post on here for around a year you kind of can't complain too much but with that in mind I'm just posting on here to say that while I'm here and I've made a post I can't one hundred percent say that Song of the Day is completely back because I still need to redefine what I am writing about and I'd kind of prefer this thing move onto a more creator controlled medium with possibly a group of people to help with the load which would mean leaving this medium and moving onto another platform but that's kind of dependent on a host of factors that need an effort to be made to actually do something.

Those things are irrelevant right now because it's Christmas eve and I got shit to do so I just wanted all of you to know there's gonna be one kind of lost in the shuffle post I was going to put on the year end list but it couldn't be included because a top 5 made more logistical sense in the week structure I use on here and the song covered came out in some mystery point in 2018 so yeah that's a thing but with that in mind happy holiday's, stay tuned for that post a little later today, and see ya'll next year when I try to go through a back catalog of cool songs you need to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment