Friday, December 20, 2019

Sam's BEST OF 2019 #1

1. Daydream – Bleached



I literally knew from the first chord of this song that it was going to be a phenomenal piece of art that would blow my fucking mind and Jesus fucking Christ did it ever.

I'm not fucking joking I literally heard that bass line and a shiver went down my fucking spine and I said holy shit this is gonna blow my fucking mind and yes it did.

This is the best song of 2019.

I could end it there I really could but these guy's deserve to have way more said about them that what is out there because they are without a doubt one of the best groups out there and ever since they decided to regroup, sober up, and refocus their lives and career they've managed to pump out the best album of the year and one of the best songs of the 2010's.

This song like all of the songs I've mentioned on this list is fairly simple and straightforward lyrical tale of the struggles of getting over seeing something you loved get over you but still being stuck in this fantasy that you're still together and if I'd not of been dating someone this year then this album as a whole would have hit me extra hard because this song just kind of encapsulates that weird awkward feeling of isolated loneliness and escapism that I'd gone through in the process of dealing with depression, sobriety, and anxiety alone you just kind of want to curl away and live in a fantasy of what could have been but never will be.

I never can truly tell these guy's in person just how important they have been in those awkward transitional phases to me weather it's going through a break up with a  former lover or drinking they've managed to make the last few years a little less painful and reaffirm my adoration for punk and music as a whole and after getting to tell them an idea of just how fantastic this song is to me I kind of had to say something.

Thank you this song made me make this series of post and write something again they are truly the best and deserve to be told such.

1 comment:

  1. Dont get me wrong this is a good song but i still like Winter Savior out of the top 5 the best. However I cant disapprove of this rating if it brings back your SotD

    ReplyDelete