Monday, December 16, 2019

Sam's BEST OF 2019 #5

2019 A.K.A. THE YEAR I STOPPED!

Yeah that's pretty accurate because I just did not fucking try this year I gave myself a send off of epic proportions and then just been blaring the same things all year so with that in mind there had to be some fantastic things that came out right?

Well yeah and here's the tracks that I personally felt something listening to and remember actively listening to quite a bit in what is some form of an order that while not defined (Minus number 1) should serve as a means of giving this pre-christmas week something else to look forward to so let's fucking do this:

5. Nervous – The Fiction Department

 



You know when a band does one show a year and that show happen to be for you? 

Well when a band does one show a year and that show happen to be for you, you best god damn believe you listen to the music they put out especially when it happens to trickle out at a rate similar to your last few years of being a music blog and that's what these guy's did when they dropped this demo on the same day that my end of the day show was suppose to happen and here we are a little less than a year later and yeah it's a pretty deep hitting tune for me.


These guy's are modern American Emo through and through a bunch of young guy's that write some fairly simple heart on your sleeve tunes that won't be winning any awards any day soon but they speak to a primal sense of dread that even my old ass can't help but feel attached to especially when the line, “Convince myself THIS IS RIGHT WHERE I BELONG!” that shit rings true people especially when you decide to throw all your past efforts into a wood chipper and burn it all up, and there's all the weird personal attachments for me because these guy's really have a lot that they can do they just seem to be at an awkward place a lot like myself and it's weird to sit back and listen to this tune and not feel like it hits closer to home than I think these guy's intended on it doing.

Yeah this song is a fantastic bit of emotionally tinged I need purpose in my life pop punk and you don't need to be a shitty teenager to feel the appeal that's for fucking sure so go listen to this fucking song and pester the shit out of this band and convince them to start playing shows again.

No comments:

Post a Comment