Friday, December 15, 2017

Sam's Top 10 of 2017 #6

6.Everybody Knows-Kimbra

OK before I talk about the mind blowing quality of this track I need to get it out of my system that my biggest musical crush is fucking back with new music and to say I'm a giddy little fuck is an understatement because she's still as relentlessly talented as she is maybe as the late great Prince said, “the most beautiful girl in the world,” and the video to this song left me literally wide eyed, breathless, and I just couldn't look away at the majesty of beauty being presented before me.

Alright now that I got that out of my system Everybody Knows it's a fucking excellent little danceable indie pop number that's yet another showcasing of an artist that just loves to blur the line between electronica and funk by mixing insainly catchy beats that's just captivate you as a listener and send you on a trip that'll leave you convulsing in such a way that you don't know why but you can't help but want to move and groove about relentlessly and that's before her just utterly beautiful vocals just come in and prove why she's the most captivating artist of her time for me she's an otherworldly creature of talent that just leaves me speechless, gitty, and blown away every time she continues to make music that's truly showcasing that she's an artist only looking to do what she wants and not what you think you want her to do.

This song almost didn't make the list in all honesty but one day after having it just in my head here and there I sat down and listened to it and that entire long winded paragraph happened and I knew that it'd be utter sacrilege to not include this utterly breathtaking track and if you haven't given this artist a chance you need to change your tune because she's something special people and this world needs to recognize that already she's maybe grown more than anyone could have ever thought 5 years ago and it's only a matter of time before you realize that people.

No comments:

Post a Comment