Monday, December 4, 2017

Best of 2017 Honorable Mentions...

WHAT IS UP FOLKS!!!!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year time for me to post the best songs of 2017 in the ONLY LIST THAT MATTERS! And this year I'm a do things a bit differently because rather than posting a top 20 that conveniently ends on the last day of the year I'm instead going to use this week to highlight 5 songs that were exceptional but not quite the most awesome things to happen and then spend the next 2 weeks doing a top 10 proper because while I could have filled a whole list limiting things down to just 10 tracks gave more room to really think my choices over so without further a do here's my first honorable mention of 2017:


Wooded Kingdom(Steam Gardens) Mario Odyssey Soundtrack-Naoto Kubo, Koji Kondo, Shiho Fujii

I'd like to take the time to note I do not entirely know who composed this tune in particular and after doing some research I figured I'd just credit the 3 people credited with the game soundtrack as a whole.

SO I don't recall ever actually doing this at any point in the history of this blog or even mentioning the fact that I am a gamer as well as a very opinionated music critic and while Nintendo as a company isn't my bread and butter they know damn well how to present their games and this year for one reason or another after seeing a lot of my friends playing their products I finally have to say this may be one of if not their best years yet and the game that's almost making me consider giving their new system a chance is the new Mario game Super Mario Odyssey which is a fucking spectral to see people with a host of little things here and there just to let every bodies inner fan boy just fucking go nuts but with all those throwbacks there has to be some new and oh god damn did it bring some great new things.

Although I'm not a gaming journalist if you want that you should check out Kansas City's true best blogger in the form of one TenEightEP THE premiere retro gaming journalist this place has to offer and actually it's because of him that I learned about this EXCEPTIONAL composition in Super Mario Odyssey's Steam Gardens Level.

This insturmental is fucking brilliant people a simple guitar line and stead fast drum beat that's Dick Dale inspired surf rock with a small jazzy tone that creates a track that'll get stuck in your head and make you want to dance and listen to it on an endless repeat as you think to yourself, “GOD DAMN IT NINTENDO YOU DONE IT AGAIN!”



No comments:

Post a Comment