Friday, December 18, 2015

Sam's Top 20 of 2015 #6

#6 Octa-Hate-Ryn Weaver

You know love is an emotional rollercoaster people and for every peak there's a bitter low and probably more so then any other song this year for me personally there wasn't any other low that sounded nearly as good as this pounding little number from one Ryn Weaver.

This song is pretty simple it's a breakup song about the various emotional stringing along that we all deal with whenever we aren't completely over someone in the early stages of any break up and it's really driven so well in this song by not only Weavers really solidly auto-tuned vocal performance but it's tendency to just kind of unexpectedly slowdown and speed up it's tempo that give you these kind of thumping and aggressive parts to really give you an idea of just how much she means it whenever she exclaims, “I can't Take it, from the Day I saw my heart start breaking, No one saved me, I can't take it, can't belive I went and lost you baby.”

Really one of the best examples of production and performance really driving a song forward to create this odd little poppy bit of depressive joy even if her album as a whole wasn't nearly as instantaneously memorable nor solid as this song gave me hope to be but even so she managed to make a few solid numbers this year just this song in particular kind of stood so far up that I do have faith that she'll get some footing at some point especially if she can bust out another aggressively angry number like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment