Monday, May 25, 2015

Song of the Day 5/26/15

So I am the worst blogger in the world because for lack of a better word I have absolutely no motivation what so ever to really come up with these this month because I've been focusing on a shit load of other things that have been taking form for me and to say that it's difficult for me to really REALLY write about music is a bit of an understatement but among anything that's been worth writing about I recently decided to do my wonderful girl friend something nice and I recently got her a copy of the new Twenty One Pilots album Blurryface and upon realizing that I had a free audio rip of the album because you know Amazon is a thing I've taken the time to give it  a listen and it's not a bad record per say but it's still not completely selling me on this band as something worth just completely investing myself into but admittedly there's quite a few solidly good poppy tracks that will get you moving like the opening track, "Heavydirtysoul," which is a very steadily paced kind of thumping dance track that has their patented rapped vocals intermixed with some kind of dub steppy sounding instruments and after that you're getting a fair amount of other electronic heavy tracks and a lot of reggae which is interesting but that's not really the focus here because there's kind of one super stand out track that's today's highlight.

Tear in my heart-Twenty One Pilots

So this song in all honesty is the most refreshing thing on that album because it's the most rock of any track I've heard on that album and it manages to really take that kind of we're two dopey looking white guy's that like to bash drums and scream out oddly rapped vocals over a earworm of a chorus that will kind of move things along in a very poppy way quite effectively and that's rather enjoyable for me because it helps make the line about filling potholes with more cement the most charming thing I've probably heard this year and of course its' kind of cute to put your head on someone's shoulder while you sing along with that.

I can't say too many things about this band in all honesty but their music is hella fun for the A.D.D. generation of instagram social media focused kids...


No comments:

Post a Comment