Monday, November 10, 2014

Song of the Day 11/11/14

So I've been going through a series of songs and figuring later articles and what not so when it comes time to write a song of the day I'm often stumped really but every once in a blue moon I'll look at the past songs I spend my weekend listening to and when I do there's usually a decent amount of interesting tunes but there was one song that I recalled listening to that is actually a lot better then I anticipated.

Millions it's one of many new cuts from Gerard Way's solo effort and in all honesty it's actually quite interesting to see where this former My Chemical Romance frontman is going musically and while I do enjoy the kind of overly 70's glam rock style of the previous single No Shows and how it's kind of the best blend of dirty 70's guitars and Way's kind of wanna be proto-punk vocals it's too hard to listen to that song and not think he's dick riding a Gary Glitter meets Ziggy Stardust Bowie sound with it.

On the contrary Millions is just a kind of old school sounding alternative rocker that has a kind of Kings of Leon sounding intro and is sang in such a style that reminds me of a group like the Pillows or Surfer Blood but there's also a slightly subtle but straight forward approach in Way's vocal delivery that gives this song a more charming quality then I can recall hearing from him in quite some time and it's really nice to hear. This songs a very charming affair that I seem to enjoy more then I honestly thought I ever would which is always a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment