Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Sam's Top 5 of 2018 #3



Afterglow-Kid Computer

Do you like 90's alternative rock? Well I FUCKING DO and while I honestly didn't get too much into the Holiday's as a group I did have them perform at my house for their very last show and in the process of one thing coming to an end came this new group Kid Computer who just kind of entered 2018 in a similar place that they were before but with a brand new sense of motivation to prove themselves and what we have here is a song that did what very little seemed to do for me this year and that's really pull me in and make me want to listen to something new.

This song is a very 90's sounding college rock tune that's reminiscent of the Meat Puppets with a bit of Polaris thrown in to make it feel ever so slightly special George McMillian as young as he is does possess a sense of maturity in his performance of this song and the guitar work is some top notch feedback heavy air guitar ready stuff that I've literally had playing around in and out over the course of the whole year as I still try to think of just how something this good came seemingly out of nowhere.

What we have here is an example of a potentially great band to come so what we need to make that a thing is for all of you folks to go see them live, buy all the stuff they have to sell, and promote and rock out to this bad ass beast of a jam because in a day and age of traditional rock and roll falling by the waste side this song is a reminder of why in the fuck all you ever fell in love with that genre to begin with and these guy's are still on the up and up and as exceptional as I find this tune I can only think they're getting better it's just a matter of seeing where this afterglow takes them.


(note they didn't even play this song at this show in particular but fuck it they still ruled)

No comments:

Post a Comment