Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sam's Show Recap 2/10/17

So before I get into details HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Yeah so some context I skipped 96.5 the buzz's yearly Valentines day show because for lack of a better term I couldn't fucking do it there's a variety of reasons behind why we avoid certain situations and in this case I still can't stand certain things and as solid as the line up was none of it was worth dealing with a fair amount of people that for lack of a better word were going to kill my buzz, but with that out of the way HOLY FUCKING SHIT do I not regret that decision one fucking bit because yeah my fucking god this show.

I went to the Record bar yet again for a showcasing of local talent thrown by local label The Record Machine where they had local Kansas City acts Jaenki, Westside Royal, Pink Royal, and Westerners all play and yeah they all killed it so if the descriptions are short it's because the performances I was treated to this night were so good that I often found myself literally at a loss for words but let's try and piece together something for you people.




Hold on I have to get this out of my system but....WESTSIIIIIIIIIDE! 

OK now that I've gotten the calling card out of my system this band is just damn great in every fucking way they brought the right energy that should be brought when opening a show and they continue to prove just how fucking great a group they really are because Michael Schley is a hell of a front man with a solid fucking voice and a way of carrying himself on stage that keeps your eyes on him, and this band rocked through a set of great tracks all full of bombast and energy that perfectly matches if not exceeds the album cuts on top of doing this excellent mix of David Bowie's, "Let's Dance," into their exceptional single, “Not the Same,” but the song that really stuck with me is a tune they are in the midst of recording known as, “Better,” which you can see in a video below this post from another show at the same venue because I didn't record video because I was too busy being blown away by it's 80's new wave grooves, kind of funk like bass work, and bombastic drum track this song is FUCKING AWESOME!

I very much advise you go out and download their EP So Wrong, So Well and see this band because they got a special something to be a real thing.



This band was a surprise for me because I'd never heard them nor did I know what to expect and in all honesty they had a bit of a My Morning Jacket feel in their solid musicianship and jam vibes that I totally found myself really digging and I'd say they did a damn good job tonight they were a very pleasant surprise in every way and they provided an energy that had the crowd a rocking all through out their bad ass set.





After about a 6 month hiatus to kind of regroup after their lead singer left for China for specific career reasons PINK ROYAL ARE BACK BABY with a fucking bad ass keytar to boot and tonight was a very welcoming return to form.


(Seriously look how fucking bad ass that thing looks)

Their playing was tight, the vocals quite great, the new songs just as great as the old but with a more rock oriented vibe and a bit more girth, and an energy that had the whole building a dancing and singing along this band just brought it and didn't let go and they gave me a show that proved why I gave a damn about this band to begin with I'm pretty pumped for them to put out some new music and do more touring so everyone else can enjoy one hell of a fucking show.


So....it's....I.....ok I'm just going to say it THIS FUCKING BAND HOLY FUCKING SHIT BATMAN I seriously was left flabbergasted after their set because they just straight up felt like they were on a whole other level of existence just an utterly captivating and mind blowing performance from a group that sound so much bigger than the sum of it's parts and seeing Miracle Maze live was just fucking phenomenal.

Being that every member of this act is just dripping with talent and all 3 vocalist know how to carry themselves and perform with a level of excellence that's almost unmatched you had a band that were so full, textured, and rich sounding that they gave me a show that sounded and felt like it belonged in a fucking stadium they just are too good for their own good and after seeing them perform and even now a day later for real I'm so flabbergasted trying to come up with the right words all I can really say is they're something special and they put on a show that was so good that words can't begin to describe why you should pay attention if you can see them don't question just do it and make sure to bring a bag to pick up the chunks of your mind that'll be BLOWN THE FUCK AWAY.


SO yeah this show was fucking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment