Monday, November 30, 2015

Sam's Best of 2015 #20

So ignoring the fact that this is the most horribly updated year yet it's been a pretty great year musically for me I've been to a shit load of shows and I've heard so many great songs and it being December means it's time for my favorite article of the year my choice for the Top 20 of 2015 and oddly enough this year's Number 1 will be on Christmas so that's convenient now isn't it but with that in mind you know how this works every weekday I'll be telling you guy's the best songs of the year also when it comes to some of the songs Ill post videos from whenever I saw these bands live if available which will vary in terms of audio quality but hey it's my list and my memories, so without further ado or much back story as to why this year was so underwhelming in terms of post numbers let's get to it with this bad ass cut:

#20: Dark Black Makeup-Radkey

You know I made it a thing to myself this year to give more local acts a chance and it's been a pleasant experience that my fine local alternative station 96.5 The Buzz has made quite easy and they've managed to really showcase a fine variety of acts that I'll be mentioning later in this list but I figure one of the best way's to kick off this years best of is with one of those tunes and acts in the form of these new age Misfits in the form of Radkey.

Like I've said before this band sounds exactly like an even more badass Danzig but with twice the punk and their album Dark Black Make Up is a fine collection of songs indeed, and I found myself kind of sticking with the Title cut because it's not only a solid blend of punky aesthetics but it showcases that these guy's can really craft a quality hook and it's just fucking bad ass seriously give it a listen.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment