Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year New Format

What is up world it is me Sam of Sam's Song of the day here to give all of you the much anticipated update post for this humble little blog of mine.

As the years go by I find myself progressively posting less and less on here which I've complained about that for the past 2 years and constantly say I'm going to fix that and you know I'm not really concerned with that hardly any more because I realized after last year that while there's a shit load of things I need to cover I would rather present to you the reader a quality piece rather than a rushed together series of 150 words about some random ass song that I may eventually cringe over years later and after rereading all of my year end list and realizing that this year's series of post had a good bit more substance in terms of word count and were of a more personal nature I figured I'd take a different path when it came to posting for this little website of mine.

SO with that in mind I'd like to announce today that Sam's Song of the Day it'll still have Song of the Day's those are a thing but like last year they'll be rare and only when I really feel the need to thoroughly describe something and speaking of things to describe the KC showcase it's still going to be a thing and if you go to the Facebook Page you can message me your band or bands in the area you think I should cover and given enough time and interest I'll make sure to write something.

On top of the usual post where in I talk about musical acts or songs I also plan on trying to use Sam's Song of The Day to kind of keep track of the large number of shows I'll hopefully attend this year so expect the occasional kind of terribly photographed series of show covers that I plan on starting most likely next week depending on the weather which in all honesty I'll only be doing so much planning ahead in terms of what shows I'll attend only because Murphy's law is a thing and it's a bitch when you plan something and everything goes wrong.

Yeah Sam's Song of the Day is my pet project and I earn no money from this but if I had one goal it's to basically support my community and let people know what's worth listening to and while I understand I have a few years to REALLY decide to do something big or pack my bags and leave the domain of online public writing I can attest that last year I followed the guidelines I'd said in the year priors post about how I wanted to become more involved in the community and to a degree I did which was fucking awesome and I plan on continuing that with this little blog of mine so here's to more post about show's and the bands that make them up but until then here's a song I've had stuck in my head for a minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment