Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Song of the Day 5/5/16

The Sound-The 1975

So this year's been a bit slow in terms of newer music rolling in and actually making me take notice and while I'm aware this song and album have been out for quite a while now my inability to consistently write something until just recently has left me with plenty of time to really look into this song and kind of come up with my own opinions.

I'm just going to put it out there and say the new 1975 album at best is an alright collection of tracks that is more a couple of really good songs surrounded by mostly subpar tracks at least when compared to the album before it but I will admit what's good is pretty god damn good even if I have this bad habit of just thinking the songs sound like other artist.

The sound it is just a straight up bad ass danceable track with a slight addictive quality that leaves it stuck in your head for months at a time and with probably the most clever set of lyrics of any of the tracks on the album it's a wonderfully tongue and cheek little romantic tune that's more, “William it was really nothing,” then it is, “Digital Love,” which in all honesty it sounds almost too much like and leaves me wishing they'd of just took the guitar solo from that and put it inpalce with the one that already exist on the track because it's more a series of lazy held out notes that are effective but nowhere near as bad ass as Daft Punk tapping along that fret board.

Really this may be one of the best songs of the year and that's no bullshit from beginning to end with all the gospel like chorus' and that 1975 charm in Matt Healy's delivery you end up with a song that'll move you in some odd way and get you moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment