Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sam's Show Recap: 2/25/17

So I've had the flu all week and in the process of continuing to be poor as fuck I realized I'd only really get to have one show for probably the next 2 maybe 3 weeks and boy oh fucking boy did I make a good show pick.

Momma's Boy just had their EP release show at the Tank Room with Rachel Mallin and the Wild Type and Scruffy and the Janitors acting as the supporting bands and it was like Manor Fest all over again one great big pile of AH THE FUCK YEAH people so let's not bullshit a whole lot and with a series of bad photos let's get to telling you how fucking bad ass this show was.

Rachel Mallin and company





So yeah I didn't get a pic of their set because....I really don't know why I just kind of didn't and I've written about them and Momma's Boy a lot on here so you know that I've been following these wonderful acts around for quite a while and tonight was a pretty good example as to why they're a consistently tight act that performs a very well structured set of excellently crafted songs with a lot of their soon to be released tunes seriously taking shape in the form of some heavier more rock oriented tracks that show a lot of girth and that's fucking dope as hell and I for one can't wait for them to finally put out their tune I Pick Winners because it seriously has the potential to be even bigger than White Girls.



(With Permission Video of The exceptional Razorback courtesy of Kansas City's best interviewer and radio media advisory bestliness himself Mr. McClain Johnson)

In a couple of words this band delivered tonight as they always do and even a sick Rachel still delivered on the vocal front very well and they played a very jammy kind of heavier rendition of Razorback for the first time since their EP release show and my heart literally skipped a beat so yeah they currently have a level of love I haven't felt in a minute.




Straight outta St. Joe is a group of raccous rockers that bring the pure unadulterated blues tinged kind of 70's inspired doomy rock and roll played at 11, with rifts that will make you bang your head and lyrics that are admittedly repetitive but destined to get stuck in your head for months on end you have a band that's almost legendary in a sense of the Tank room felt almost too sanitary for their kind of bad assery and this show like many of theirs I've had the pleasure of seeing was just dripping in awesome and a broken bass string that I may or may not have jinxed into happening I for one am taking no claims as to it happening it's just merely a coincidence I'm just saying.

Top to bottom they brought the fucking thunder and once Dirtleg stepped in bodies where bashing about and beer was getting spilled and everyone was reminded don't fuck with Scruffy. They have been working on an album for the past 2+ years and should be getting something released at some point this year so I definitely would advise you stay on the lookout because that album will kick some serious fucking ass I guarantee that.



Momma's Boy



If you look back all of a few post I wrote about how fucking phenomenal a set these guy's did at a midcoast takeover showcase well in a nut shell this set was that good and then about another twenty two and a quarter times more awesome this band filled out the Tank room and gave everyone there about a hundred dollars worth of excellent for 8 and since that's all that needs to be said in terms of how fucking phenomenally good their show was technical difficulties and all let's talk about Liquid Courage for a bit because you should just buy it like RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!
From the fast paced swirling psychedelics of Make Believe, the mildly depressing Sleepin', the utter gem of a track that is Sweet Girl, and of course the bad ass singles Cool Heat and Be Good Boy I've literally watched all of these tracks grow and this EP is the amalgamation of a year of being dedicated to this band and being rewarded in the best way possible what we have here is 6 songs of straight fire that live and on this album are just fucking awesome I couldn't of thrown my money at these guy's fast enough and those reading this need to run out and see these guy's live and download the fuck out of this album because this fucking show and EP are just validation of why I've dedicated so much blog space to these handsome fucking devils.



I've done good this year and seen some mind blowingly good shows and it's only FUCKING FEBRUARY GOD FUCKING DAMN IT PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment